Bottling from secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmendo2005

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently made a raspberry beer, fermented it in the primary, didn't have a secondary so used my bottling bucket, cleaned all the yeast stuff outta the primary and added the raspberries to the bottling bucket, left them for a few days. My question is whether or not I can get some of the berries out and just bottle straight from this "secondary" bucket now? Will I get a ton of junk do you think? I know the best option is to probably rack it to the primary and than back to the bottling bucket but it just seems like so much of a risk. Any suggestions?

Lowes or hd = $3 bucket

..and don't try it. The agitations will frustrate you.

...Dont try to bottle right away from my bottling bucket? Or don't try all the transfers?

...Dont try to bottle right away from my bottling bucket? Or don't try all the transfers?

Don't mix sugar in the secondary and try to siphon it to bottles. You will get inconsistant beer and stir up the sediment. It will defeat the whole secondary idea. I use lowes buckets. They are cheap and great for bottling and sanitizing and yard work too.

I just reread your op and I assume you have a spigot on the secondary?

Back