Bottling from a v-vessel conical fermenter. How to prime?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub

Reaction score
Im getting ready to bottle today and have my beer sitting in a V-vessel conical fermenter. I dry hopped it last Saturday with 3oz of citra pellets that are still floating on top. I need to prime the beer and normally do it in a bottling bucket, where i pour my priming solution in first and as i rack the beer, the natural flow of the beer from the siphon is enough to mix the priming solution with the beer.

The whole idea behind this fermenter was that i was hoping to avoid needing to use multiple fermenters and later bottling buckets since i am able to connect a hose barb in place of the yeast collection vessel at the bottom and connect a hose directly to the conical and bottle straight from there. Less mess, less effort and less chances of infection/oxidation.

But now im not sure how to prime the beer. Do i just pour the mixture straight into the fermenter and use a spoon to stir it gently? If i do that, what will happen to the hop particles that are floating on top? Or do i now need to sanitize my bottling bucket and do the whole rigmarole?

Your advise is needed and appreciated.

Here is what it looks like. http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/ddubinsky/Adventures%20in%20Brewing/IMG_0668.jpg

Back