Bottling from a keg, will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HootHootHoot

Reaction score
I would like to really work on clearing my beer more, so I am considering keg conditioning and then bottling from that.

Funds are tight and I can't really find an affordable beer gun, the one at my LHBS is $75. Would it work to use a normal bottle filler like this hooked up to my keg
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/spring-tip-bottle-filler.html

Otherwise does anyone have a cheaper, more reliable beer gun option for me?

Heck just turn the gas way down (2-5psi), purge the keg and stick a clean, cold bottle up to your faucet and let 'er rip. Works like a charm! I've bottled probably 50+ beers like this now, the first one is a bit foamy so it pays to pull a pint for yourself first, but then it's smooth sailing after the lines have cooled!

I do it the beirmuncher way, and it works just fine. I've even tested filling them, putting one back in the keezer, and letting it sit for 2 weeks, and another outside, and letting it get warm again to room temp, cooling it back down after a few days and both were carbed up just fine after all of that.

Back