Bottling Dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok it's Sunday evening and we spent about 5 hours this morning doing 'brewery related tasks' including washing bottles for the eight cases of beer/Apfelwine that went through our production line. My hands are all dry and the raw from being soaked in sanitizer for hours and then in Oxyclean during clean up. The kicker??? We do not have enough chilled beer that we can toss a few back... Yet this is not the impending problem...
The real problem is that we are almost out of bottles.... I never dreamed that we'd see the day come around that we would be almost out of empty bottles... We do have well over 25 cases of full bottles... and about 10 more cases to bottle! For newcomers to the hobby we've been bitten by the bug pretty hard.

Melana said:
We do have well over 25 cases of full bottles... and about 10 more cases to bottle!
Good lord!! :)

Well that's what homebrewing neighbors are for. I have 2 cases of 12-ounce bottles if you want -- they still have the labels on them (I've been procrastinating), but they're all pop tops and they'll definitely meet your needs.

I'm next door in Norton, PM me if you want to pick them up.

Wow that is a serious dilema.

I currently have 15 gallons bottled and none carb'd enough to drink. However, I still have 4 cases of 22oz bottles and a case of so of Grolsch bottles.

Wow. I feel your pain. I bottled 20 cases for Christmas and swore that I'd never do it again. I ended up with a little under 3 cases for my own consumption. I've got to brew this weekend so I can plug the kegerator back in in a couple of weeks.

bigjohnmilford said:
Not that I'm far from it now.:mug:

AA is for quitters. I can see bottling stuff you want to age a good long time. Russian Imperial Stout. Big holiday season ales. Trippels. If it ain't 8%, keg it.

Go find a pic of EdWort's chest freezer and tell me you don't need one of those. With like 12 picnic taps. Just raise the lid, eeny- meeny - miney - moe...

EDIT: EdWort, you are my hero. A 20 cubic footer:

4569-20cuftFreezer.jpg

Latest posts

Back