Bottling Day Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blustang6614

Reaction score
Today is my first attempt at bottling on my first brew...I am making an Irish Red Ale it was in primary for about 10 days and 2 weeks in the secondary...my question is when I make up the priming sugar with water/boil it...should I rack off the beer from the secondary to a clean carboy and only take a small amount of yeast with it so that all mixes well with the priming sugar and I avoid too much yeast getting into the bottles...or am I just being crazy and should just mix in the priming sugar to the secondary...mix well and let sit for a few min to let yeast settle back out...any help would be greatly appreciated...I also have not taken out the secondary to see how much yeast actually is left on the bottom as well...thanks

rack the beer onto the priming sugar, you will have plenty of yeast in solution so you dont need to worry about leaving all the yeast behind.

Back