Bottling buckets with spigot preferences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kassad

Reaction score
Is there a brand name that is the best?
Midwest Supplies
Northern Brewer
Home Brew Ohio
MoreBeer

The buckets are likely all sourced from the same place, someone like US Plastics (not for sure but likely). Then a hole is made and a spigot installed. Not rocket science and not a lot of possible variations to make one stand out as better. Pick any one and if the spigot isn't what you like, remove it and install your own.

I still use the one that came with my kit from Midwest Supplies. I always take it apart and soak the spigot and gaskets in PBW after I’ve finished bottling. Never had any leaks. I do have to tilt it to fill the last couple of bottles.

I use spiedel fermenter when I bottled

I did good at keeping the trub in the bucket

I now use it as one of my fermenters, and bottle directly from there. I only bottle 4-5 then keg the rest

I just use an extra fermenting bucket, drilled a hole with a hole saw, and bought a spigot from a homebrew supplier.

Works fine.

Only issue is I have to get it JUST tight enough, and not too tight, so it doesn't leak. I test with water first, to get it tightened properly.

Back