Bottling Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
Looks like my first batch is getting bottled next week. I planning on putting my primary up on the table the day before to settle any thing I may stir up while moving it. My question is is there any benefit or drawback to letting the beer sit in the bottling bucket for a day or so before adding primer and bottling?

if there is no lid on the bucket you risk infection, also when you siphon beer onto your priming sugar placed on the bottom of the bottling bucket mixes it up really nice without disturbing the beer too much. Also one day wont do a lot to clear up the beer. Just be careful when carrying the beer and bottle in the same day. You'll be fine.

Everyone stirs stuff up when bottling, that is normal. If you are racking with a cane or auto siphon then you will be lleaving plenty of stuff behind...anything you take with you, like yeast you will need to carb any way...

Get it into the bucket then into the bottle...Everything will settle and be fine in 3 weeks @ 70 degrees bottle carbing and conditioning.

Thanks alot. New baby in the house and I didn't want to get stuck halfway through something in case I had to respond to the needs of a newborn (or Mom):)

Back