Bottling Bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SW Brewer

Reaction score
I bought one, and it leaked, so I had that to deal with when bottling my first batch on Wed. The wife was very nice about the mess, but I probably dont want to do that more than once (I have since fixed the leak). But, do you guys just turn the spigot and let the beer flow into each bottle? That seems like an awful lot of aeration. Do you hook a tube to the spigot and use that to get the beer down into the bottle? What gives? How should I best go about using this thing?

Greg

get a.. O' crap I dont know what there called A....A.....bottle filler.. It hooks onto a hose and goes onto your bottling bucket and fills the bottle from the bottom, stops the flow when you pull it off the bottom of the bottle.
I am sure there are some people here that have a link or a picture.
JJ

I found the best way to use the bottle filler is to skip the hose. If it is long enough, just jam the bottle filler right into the spigot of your bucket (mine fits perfectly), and then put your bottling bucket on a milk crate your your counter-top. Perfect height to stand and fill your bottles.

This works well because you can use the tap on the spigot to get precise control over the flow of beer (slow at first to avoid aeration, then open her up as the bottle fills). And the little valve at the bottom of the bottle filler keeps the beer from leaking out as you switch bottles.

You definitely need a bottle filler.
I use a hose between the spigot and the bottle filler, but you can also hook the filler directly to the spigot like Flyguy.

I will also tell you that my bottling days improved substantially when I reconfigured my setup to allow me to bottle standing rather than hunched over the bottles on the floor.
You'll need to come up with your own setup, but if you're comfortable you'll do a better job and everything will go smoother.

Thanks for the advice fellers. I heated the end of my bottling wand and before it fully cooled, jammed it into the nozzle of my bottling bucket spigot. It now fits and works like a charm (I tested with water).

Thanks again, this next bottling is going to be much easier!

Greg

I use tubing from the bottling bucket to the bottle filler. I have the bottling bucket on the kitchen island, and then I line up the bottles on the dishwasher door. I pull up a chair, and fill them like that. Then I put those on the island, stand up and cap them (using mostly Grolsch bottles) and then sit down and fill another dozen. I love the way I bottle- quick easy and easy on the back!

SW Brewer said:
Thanks for the advice fellers. I heated the end of my bottling wand and before it fully cooled, jammed it into the nozzle of my bottling bucket spigot. It now fits and works like a charm (I tested with water).Greg

A two inch section 3/16 I.D tubing will do the job too, plus it makes it easy to take on and off.

Latest posts

Back