bottling Bavarian hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
I'm going to carb my Bavarian hefe to about 3.8-4 volumes, if I wanted to bottle some should I go with the Belgian style high pressure bottles?

I bottled a bavarian hefe 3 weeks ago. I used good old normal 22oz bottles and caps. Worked fine Tastes Great!

Nice post above me...lol.

Anyway, I posted about the carb capacity of standard beer bottles not too long ago. General concensus was around 4. It was mentioned that 22oz bombers were probably a little stronger though.

If you want to be safe, I would go with belgian or champagne bottles at that high of carb. If not, at least put them in a sealed rubbermaid for the carb process.

Since it sounds like you will be beer gun filling, I think that is slightly less hard on the bottle, though it will still be close to capacity.

Thanks, these are being shipped to competition so I will go with the high pressure bottle...probably wouldn't score too well if it blew up in a judges face. Now to find a supply of them or drink my way to a supply :)

Back