Bottling after using starsan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluphil52

Reaction score
Third BIAB I did, and just bottled after 1 month of fermenting.
Want to ask....
I cleaned bottles out with star san. Mixed correctly.
Now does it matter that my bottles had slight bubbles from star san? When I bottled it? Have I ruined it?
There was no water or liquid left in bottles. Just slight bubbles.
I realise I need a bottle tree just didn't have the funds
Thanks

Dont fear the bubbles. I bottle with foam still lingering in the bottles. I let the beer push the foam out. It does not hurt a thing. This is the main advantage of using Star San.

StarSan is a very mild acid that kills germs. The pH of the beer overwhelms and completely neutralizes it. StarSan has no flavor to speak of. So it does absolutely nothing to the finished beer. (Imagine the impact of an ounce of diluted lemon juice in a barrel full of hard water.)

Cheers! :mug:

Not only will it not harm the beer, but StarSan breaks down into a yeast nutrient. You have nothing to worry about!

The only thing I see that could be a problem is that starsan is not a cleaner. Only a sanitizer. If your bottles were clean and then you sanitized them then no worries. Like the other posters stated, "don't fear the foam!"

Thought I answered this one. I looked at the OP's profile and found that I did. Three posts in 10 minutes.

I said I like the bubbles. It tells me when the bottles are about full.

Back