Bottling after Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juskojj

Reaction score
I plan on making some mead here shortly. My question is last time I made it i bottled and capped it in beer bottles. This time I was going to make a bigger batch and put in wine bottles and cork it. My question is after I uncork it can I re-bottle it? Or how do I have to drink the rest of the bottle?

I suspect you will get differing opinions.

I believe the flavor changes enough even after just a few days after being opened even when re-capped. I stay with beer bottles and crown caps or kegs just for this reason.

But thinking a bit more about it if your just drinking a couple of 6 oz glasses and have beer bottles and caps available. I might take the remaining and fill a beer bottle and cap it immediately after pouring up your couple of glasses. DISCLAIMER - I haven't tried it but would certainly limit the amount of time out of the bottle or open to the air.

I suspect you will get differing opinions.

I believe the flavor changes enough even after just a few days after being opened even when re-capped. I stay with beer bottles and crown caps or kegs just for this reason.

But thinking a bit more about it if your just drinking a couple of 6 oz glasses and have beer bottles and caps available. I might take the remaining and fill a beer bottle and cap it immediately after pouring up your couple of glasses. DISCLAIMER - I haven't tried it but would certainly limit the amount of time out of the bottle or open to the air.

I'm sure!

I've opened a 12oz bottle, poured a glass Nd capped it with a wine stopper had the rest a few days later and it was stored in the refrigerator with no difference in taste for me. I just wasn't sure about not refrigeratored

Back