Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire943

Reaction score
Why are empty bottles so expensive? I am just starting and I "saved" enough of my empties to do my first batch. Now I have one in my primary and will start a second primary in a week. So, there is no way I will "save" over 100 bottles in 2-3 weeks. Any Ideas for low cost bottles? Thanks.

:mug:That would be your best bet. Find a friend or someone who knows somebody that works at a bar or resteraunt and I am sure that you would not have a problem getting there empties. Just make sure that they are cleaned very well and sanitized becouse they were not planning on reusing the bottles so they may be kind of nasty. Or you could throw a couple parties and be set! Either way Good luck.

We have a bottle bill (nickle deposit per bottle) most store are more than willing to sell em to you for the price of deposit. Clears up space for them.

I live in VA and there is no deposit on bottles here. In states like mine most places would be more than happy for you to take the bottles free of charge.

The best thing about bottling is that after you've cleaned, delabeled, sanitized, and dried enough bottles for 4-5 batches, you'll realize how much easier it would be to just keg your beer.

Sadly, I can't afford a kegging set up until next January, so I'm stuck doing things the hard way until then. :(

i just post for wanted bottles on my local CraigsList. Everytime i've posted i've scored FREE bottles. i love craigslist!

Latest posts

Back