Bottles that don't carbonate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I brewed a Weizenbock back 2/24/10 with Wyeast 3638 Bavarian Wit yeast. I fermented at 68 degrees, transferred to secondary after 21 days and then kept it in my basement at approx 58 degrees for 2 months. I bottled it 5/16 with 5oz priming sugar/2 cups wateras usual, it never carbonated.
I'm positive I added the priming sugar, I'm guessing the yeast dropped out of suspension. Can I open up each bottle and add dry yeast/recap to carbonate. Is this the best way? Is there a better way? If I do this, what dry yeast should I use, and how much to add to each bottle? Thanks. I've never had a batch fail to carbonate before.

I brewed a Weizenbock back 2/24/10 with Wyeast 3638 Bavarian Wit yeast. I fermented at 68 degrees, transferred to secondary after 21 days and then kept it in my basement at approx 58 degrees for 2 months. I bottled it 5/16 with 5oz priming sugar/2 cups wateras usual, it never carbonated.
I'm positive I added the priming sugar, I'm guessing the yeast dropped out of suspension. Can I open up each bottle and add dry yeast/recap to carbonate. Is this the best way? Is there a better way? If I do this, what dry yeast should I use, and how much to add to each bottle? Thanks. I've never had a batch fail to carbonate before.
have you tried gently rolling the bottles on their sides to get some of the settlement back into suspension? I've had to do this more than once on some high OG beers :mug:

Back