Bottlemark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had considered having some custom caps made before, but when I noticed Bottlemark participating in the HBT contest, I finally convinced myself to try them out.

I love my caps!

I went with a couple of Spaceballs themed caps. One of them is Yogurt in blue to go with my Liquid Schwartz label, and the other is Dark Helmet sipping from a foam cup, for my Dark Helmet label.

Both designs printed nicely and I can't wait to get the labels done and bottle that beer!

I especially loved the fact that for $1 a design, you can have them print a cap and send you a picture of it before you order.

Yeah, it's a little more money over the cost of crown caps, but for a special beer I'd like to give out to friends, it's a nice option.

Bump.

I just placed an order for some caps from them. I have three different designs (in small quantities) and was wondering how they would look on a cap. I was wanting to upload a couple of others, but I couldn't get more than three uploaded. I guess I'll do those on another order.

Bump.......

I bottled some homebrew last Friday with my caps from Bottlemark. Extremely happy. Now I need to look and see what's the best way to do labels.

Very happy with Bottlemark. I'll probably get my caps from them from now on.

LOL! I STILL haven't bottled my beers!

I should maybe draw a sample of each and try to get that done. The stout ought to be ok, but I might need some heavy bottles for the Belgian golden strong.

Awesome. I have been considering ordering from them. I am glad they are good quality. Any problems with the logo coming off in starsan? I have read that another company's caps ink bleed from starsan.

I have not tried, but I can test if I remember. I ordered extra and my stout is slightly less than the usual amount. I would not expect diluted starsan to be a problem.

Awesome! Good to know! Thanks!

Agreed. I worried about that too, so I would just dump a cap at a time when I sanitized the next bottle.

For those who haven't ordered but are going to, order a little more than you need. One of my caps was a bit screwed up, but I always order extra caps anyways. Besides it was one cap out of the 100+ I ordered, so no complaints.

EDIT: They also sell magnets so you can stick your caps on the fridge.

Their caps are great. Work fine in starsan and other cleaners. The "ink" (whatever it is...seems like paint or maybe it has a clear coat) won't run.

I know this may sound funny, but if you've got any friends that get nervous drinking from a bottle with a plain cap and no label they'll suddenly like your beer better wen it has a nice cap. It's kind of like the way a chef plates up nice food...it's all about presentation.

I have had many folks mistake my brew for a "professional" beer.

Side bonus is that not only do they look and work great but unlike labels you were already going to be removing the cap to drink it.

The only "bad" caps I had from tree were due to my lack of graphic arts skills. They crafted them exactly like I drew them up ..ugly :)

Doesn't sound funny at all. It's kinda like how a clean car drives "better" than when it was dirty. The last few beers I gave out, I got a lot of comments about the caps.

They've got a ton of samples on their web site. I've also seen some threads here on HBT.

Here's an example pic of one of my caps. The faded looking text was the font I used, not their quality. Since this cap they've improved their process even further (higher res and improved color). Again...the limit is my art ability and not their process.

My only complaint with bottlemark is the cost of shipping. I try to order caps for multiple batches at a time to amortize it out. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404398916.341434.jpg

Picture please. I'm not very imaginative.

How about this?

CustomCaps_zpsaccc8308.jpg

I added the Atwater cap so you can see how Bottlemark's compares to a commercial cap. The Curious George one I got from someone here who uses that as their avatar. Some of them I'm going to redo, like the skull and crossbones (supposed to be mash paddles), and the colored circles was a picture I found of a collection of 45 rpm records (I love music as much as beer). The Dead Ringer I got recently as I plan on bottling some of it to put back and maybe give a few out for friends. I also have the re-usable labels from NB to use, but I don't like the way they are colored compared to the green on the caps.

.........My only complaint with bottlemark is the cost of shipping. I try to order caps for multiple batches at a time to amortize it out. View attachment 208982

Mine too. I think I'm just going to plan out my cap orders based on what beers I'll do in the future or (even better) just order caps for the beers I plan to keep in rotation like the Dead Ringer.

Love how you did the rounded wording on the edge of the cap. :rockin:

Just got my caps in... they look great... and shipping was fast... I thought about actually picking them up locally, as I live south of Houston... but it was going to be an hour drive each way... which made paying five bucks for shipping ok ;)

I went with a generic cap design that I will use for all of my Altex Brewing beers... makes it easier to order a large number... and I only had to come up with one great design... which my cousin made for me..!

Its just this tree on a white background on a white cap... really clean and nice.

Bottlemark adds that finishing touch that a label can never do. I've used them many times. Just give them 2-3 weeks to do their magic.

Back