Bottled too soon, should I put it back into secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugeaud

Reaction score
I bottled my maple-blue agave wine too soon (tastes like chamagne btw) because there was still sediment and I became impatient. So I filtered and bottled it and put it in the fridge (and my fridge is pretty cold). The next day (today) there was a layer of sediment at the bottom of the bottles. I guess I should have predicted this because I knew that cold helps in clearing. Anyways, my question is, should I put it back in a carboy, and let it clear there? Or let it ride in the bottles and just transfer them to different bottles once they clear? It is clearing really fast btw.

Just leave it and carefully decant off the sediment when pouring. I would not rebottle.

Neither, it fermented out. I doubt it was still fermenting at all, but even if it had, I put them in the fridge, which is near freezing, which must of stopped the yeast, because I have been periodically checking the bottles for accidental carbonation, and have found none. (it was a small batch)

Back