bottled first batch of EdWort's apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkpdogg

Reaction score
Ok, so I just bottled my first batch of EdWort's apfelwein ... rather, a slight variation of. The LHBS was out of Montrachet and dextrose, so I used champagne yeast and dark brown sugar. Two weeks in primary and a month in secondary. Used 5oz of priming sugar for extra fizz ... hope I didn't just create some bottle bombs!

I stole a taster while bottling, and man, this is one "kick yo azz" drink! I can't wait to whip up a batch (can't really "brew" a batch of this stuff ... gotta love how easy it is) of the original recipe on 1/24.

Thanks EdWort!

That reminds me, I have my first batch of apfelwein in primary, and it's been there for like 5 months. I best get off my butt and bottle that stuff!

I just did my my first batch about a week ago. I can't wait to bottle and give it a whirl. I'm going to carbonate most of it but bottle some with priming sugar. oh 5 more weeks til I can even bottle the stuff then 3 weeks for carb. I'm gonna go crazy:mug:

Back