Bottled Beer Refridgerated?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishcrazy06

Reaction score
When the beer is done going through its Carbonation stage does it need to be refridgerated? I know it does before being drank but can it stay out until I am ready to drink it.

Does this make sense?

It doesn't need to be refrigerated, just kept in a dark, preferrably cool, place. Definitely do not store above room temperature. That being said, the longer you can leave a beer in the fridge, the clearer the beer will be.

So another words as long as I keep it in my basement on the floor and covered or in the cases it will be fine. When I want it then have it in the fridge. I will most likely keep at least 15-20 bottles in the fridge at all times just don't have room for 54 bottles in the fridge at one set time that is why I asked.

Don't put them into the cold until you know for sure they are carbed. You can't carb in the fridge. The yeast will go dormant in the fridge and not produce and co2- you'll have flat beer no matter how long you leave them in there.

The 3 weeks at 70 degrees, that we recommend is the minimum time it takes for average gravity beers to carbonate and condition. Higher grav beers take longer.

Yes I plan on cooling one for 24hrs and then trying it first to make sure it is good and ready. This is my first batch and I did it with someone else. However, I am going to do a couple of things differently on my next batch. Lots to learn and I have learned there are many ways to do it.

Thanks for all the replies. I am dying to try my first batch. The beer is now on day 2 in the fridge. I only did one bottle to make sure its all good to go. Thinking I will let it go one more day and then crack it open and try it. Oh so hard to hold back though.

Back