Bottle washer and keg cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbrann

Reaction score
Thought I would share some photos of my newest project. Just finished building a bottle washer and keg cleaner.

Bottle washer uses a submersible 1/3 hp pump from amazon that sits in plastic bin. connected with short hose to bottle washer assembly in an upper bin. Made from 1/2" pvc. The vertical stems is flexible PEX tubing. Used JB Weld Water Weld putty to adhere stems to the PVC. The metal rack is a wire drawer for a closet organizer, used to help hold the bottles. Holes are drilled in upper tub, that allows cleaning solution/water/starsan to return to bottom tub in order to recirculate solution. Bottle washer also includes a connection on its own valve for cleaning hoses. Had trouble getting enough pressure out of stems at first but found some little vinyl caps online that I poked holes in and glued to top of stems with all purpose epoxy. Works great now.

Keg washer attaches to the same pump as bottle washer. Sits in a 5 gal bucket from home depot. Cut holes in top for the solution to recirculate. Includes a hose connector to clean posts as well.

20170515_182331.jpg

20170515_182728.jpg

20170429_133502.jpg

20170421_235154.jpg

I built a keg cleaner similar to yours.
How do you keep it from making such a mess? I think my pump may be just too powerful, it blows the keg right off if I don't stand there and hold it down.
In less than a minute it looses suction because all the hot soapy water is all over me and the driveway. Good job for getting it to work well.

The keg isnt sealed tight on there. I have a 4" dia × 4" tall flex pipe that the keg rests on. The water sprays and poors out the keg opening and back into the bucket. Lid has a bunch of big holes in it to let water pour back in.

Back