Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here or in the DIY forum (even though it's not much of a DIY).

I had been storing my bottles (empty and filled) in the cardboard boxes they came in, but those were starting to show some wear. My replacement requirements were:

1) More durable than cardboard.
2) Able to store bottles vertically.
3) Lidded, so that I could close them up for protection from bottle bombs.

I bought a set of these crates. Unfortunately, I measured incorrectly, and the interior height isn't high enough for the bottles. Doh!

After some additional research (and better measuring), I bought these crates, and they work great! I can fit 40 bottles in each, the lids close up nicely, and they stack. They have an irregular interior bottom, but I'll address that by cutting either a piece of cardboard or plywood to make a flat surface. I'm also planning to cut dividers out of cardboard or plywood. These things should outlast me!

nice idea. I have the original swing top 1 liter bottle cardboard boxes, and man are they showing their age. Plus, they were designed with the lid undone, so don't quite fit during carbonation with the lid on...

nice idea. I have the original swing top 1 liter bottle cardboard boxes, and man are they showing their age. Plus, they were designed with the lid undone, so don't quite fit during carbonation with the lid on...
I condition/carbonate in my closet. If I ever had an uncontained bottle bomb that got all over my wife's clothes, that would be the end of my brewing days! I have no doubt these will hold up!

Latest posts

Back