bottle storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterock

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are some kind of plastic or heavy duty reinforced cardboard bottle boxes/crates? I'm tired of using standard cardboard case boxes for my brews.
Thanks,
Pete

+1 to milk crates.

You can get the cheaper storage crates from office depot for bottle storage. The heavy duty plastic milk crates are a little more pricey, but they double as a carboy carrier and make moving a carboy much safer.

I use milk crates which stack and each can hold one case of beers, in half the footprint of traditional beer cases.

181316_10150091021744067_620469066_6196013_3815685_n.jpg

They stack as high as you need them to.

My local beer store always has extra case boxes lying around and they never mind if I grab 3 or 4 when I'm there. I just reinforce them with duct or packing tape and replace them when they're shot. I've seen ones that folks have built out of wood that look pretty nice too - http://www.mullerbrau.com/beercase_album.htm? And there are also the wooden soda crates from 40-60 years ago, many are still around and they hold a 12 oz longneck bottle perfectly.

I found some plastic file holders at Walmart this weekend for 3 dollars. It will fit 30 12oz bottles perfectly and it is stackable

I tried some plastic bins, but didn't like them. I just use regular cases. When I go to the bottle shop, they have tons broken down that they'll just recycle. I dab some superglue on the corners, put it back together, and then gorilla tape the bottom.

Back