Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tspilker

Reaction score
I was thinking about this tonight when I placed an empty bottle of Celebration ale on my shelf: Does everyone else rinse their bottles and keep them in a certain place out of the way until such time as re purposing them for their own brew?

What about you keggers out there? Do you still ditch bottles or do you hang onto them if it's not inconvenient (like going to a bar and keeping the bottle would be annoying to carry around... and possibly illegal?)

Here is my "collection" thus far. I keep it on the shelf in the closet.
IMG_3283.JPG

Share your own pics!

Mine are just everywhere, and I need more. ;/

25 gallons fermenting and I have ~13 gallons (~4 gallons worth in use) worth of bottles.

I keep anything capable... they get rinsed well, then tossed in a box. Once I've gotten a couple cases, I soak in oxy, remove the labels, rinse well, then store upside down in cases. Pull 'em out and sanitize as needed when I'm ready to bottle. I think I'm up to almost 300 bottles in the rotation... and climbing. Though a keezer is calling my name... I can hear it.

I keg but I still bottle as well (I usually bottle beers that I'm not going to drink up fast, such as Stouts....no need taking up keg capacity if it's something I'm not going to move out soon...). I save the bottles in a five gallon bucket in the basement (after I've rinsed them out of course....) When the bucket is full I soak em in oxy and remove the labels (not that many have labels cause I drink probably 75% HB now.) Then I put them in empty beer cases and stack.....

The master bedroom closet, front closet, and end tables next to the couch all have bottles whether full or empty. Always collecting more but ran out of room. Best bet is milk crates or those stackable plastic file crates.

Back