Bottle Sizes - Under 12 oz.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FensterBos

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my hands on a case of "grenades"; but I can't find them anywhere. Are there any bottle sizes under 12 ounces?

Rogue makes some of their bigger beers in 7 oz bottles, also most Trappist beers can be found in an 11.2 oz format.
By the by, do you mean mickey's hand grenades? If so those are twist offs and wouldn't work if you are bottle conditioning.

I've been taking my home brewing pretty seriously and I am always looking to improve; I want to be able to give out some beers to friends and relatives without sacrificing half of my cases so I figured I would bottle some small ones to give out and the 22 oz. will be for home consumption.
And by seriously, I mean I just want to get better. I am having a blast doing this and I find any excuse to fire up my burners. And I love giving out good beer. I guess giving 6 oz-ers is a way to save more beer for myself.
Regarding the Mickey's, I just meant that I am looking for small bottles; I've read that twist-ons are inadequate for bottle conditioning.

You could buy a bunch of Thomas Hardy's and use the bottles.

Or just only bottle 12oz and give out those... that's what I do.

Back