Quantcast

Bottle Safety

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ScottG58

Reaction score
I learned something the hard way. I was moving a case of beer on a basement shelf containing two cases of beer. It was apparently too much weight. The shelf collapsed. Only four bottles of beer broke, however, flying glass gave me an approximate 1 inch laceration at the back of my ankle. Make sure your storage shelves can handle the weight.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I stack mine in the master bedroom,as it's the warmest room in the house. Right next to my half stack. A 4X 12 fender rock pro 1000. Seemed right to me...:rockin:

Reaction score
I stack mine in the master bedroom,as it's the warmest room in the house. Right next to my half stack. A 4X 12 fender rock pro 1000. Seemed right to me...:rockin:
Hmm...My Master bedroom has a shelf with dozens of antique teddy bears on it. Their beady little eyes follow me around the room. It's a little creepy.:D

I checked your profile and you are married. I'd have bet money you were single based on the fact that you're allowed to stack beer in you master bedroom. I know I could never get away with that.

You sir are a lucky man!:mug:

dstranger99

Reaction score
I have a cabinet I specifically designed to hold beer, along with people I kidnap and rape from Craigslist, but yes those shelves can get heavy.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm...My Master bedroom has a shelf with dozens of antique teddy bears on it. Their beady little eyes follow me around the room. It's a little creepy.:D

I checked your profile and you are married. I'd have bet money you were single based on the fact that you're allowed to stack beer in you master bedroom. I know I could never get away with that.

You sir are a lucky man!:mug:
Well,before type 1 diabeties caught up with her,she was brewing & helping bottle. So I think she remembers what needs to be done. I guess I am lucky there. She has teddy's & puppies lined up above the bed. Those darn eyes...