bottle priming verses batch priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul444e

Reaction score
Hi second batch I ever done 1st batch I used a kit 2 1/2 gal primed in bottles but as I read most do a batch priming but don't stir swirl seems easier to prim in bottles feed back please I was hoping to bottle tonight thank you

Either works. If you prime in the bottle though, you either need to use some carbonation drops or measure the sugar very carefully. It's way easier to mess up measuring little weights than it is to just measure one dose for the whole batch.

Yeah, I batch prime just because it's easier to be precise and the repercussions of being just a little off aren't as significant. I also like to keep my bottles submerged in Star San until right when I'm ready to use them. But whatever works best for you is fine.

IMO it is so much easier to make up a priming solution and add it to the bottling bucket, then fill all the bottles. If you do each bottle individually you need to measure very carefully and get the solution or tabs in each bottle. To me that would be a PITA....

I have only done batch priming.

Tabs also limit carbonating to style. You cannot make small changes in the amount of carbonation.

just finished did the batch priming with made up 2/3 cup white sugar to 2 cups water hope all is good had my hand rite init though using the siphon, hope san star works in finger nails lol :mug:

Back