bottle priming fat tire clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manco171

Reaction score
If I decided to prime a fat tire clone in the bottle, how much plain malt extract would you use for each bottle? Planning on coming straight out of primary with bottling wand into 22oz bottles.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat a lifetime. Here is the easiest to use priming calculator I've found. http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/ For the temperature, you are actually supposed to put what the highest temperature your beer was at while fermenting, because that will affect how much residual CO2 is in the beer from fermentation.

I would strongly suggest using a bottling bucket and batch priming. Much more precise, and much less risk of bottle bombs and whatnot. At any rate, if you aren't using one, divide the estimated number of bottles by what it tells you, and then you should be good to go.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat a lifetime. Here is the easiest to use priming calculator I've found. http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/ For the temperature, you are actually supposed to put what the highest temperature your beer was at while fermenting, because that will affect how much residual CO2 is in the beer from fermentation.

I would strongly suggest using a bottling bucket and batch priming. Much more precise, and much less risk of bottle bombs and whatnot. At any rate, if you aren't using one, divide the estimated number of bottles by what it tells you, and then you should be good to go.

+1. Definitely rack into a bottling bucket/container of some sort. Save yourself a lot of time and inconsistent carbonation between bottles.

Back