bottle or keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
my first batch is ready to bottle (I think!) took 1 reading Monday and one tonight, 1004 both time ( been in primary for 18 days now) I just got all my stuff to build my keezer but will not be ready for prolly another week, but I have a beer fridge downstair and if I removed some shelves, 1 keg and the c02 bottle will fit in there would you temp rig something in there or just bottle this batch and wait for the keezer to be ready and the next batch (racking to 1 container instead of 50 sounds appealing....:eek:)

Just go for the keg and let it carb/condition while you are waiting for the keezer to get done. It will most likely take a couple weeks anyways. If you have the space, why not? I only bottled 2 batches of beer before I decided to go the keezer route. It now only takes me 15 minutes from start to finish to keg a batch. I used to take a couple hours to bottle. NEVER AGAIN!

Cheers!

Ive got everything to keg my beer and even a beer gun if i wanted to bottle from a keg but for some reason i have no want or need to keg. i mostly use mine to experiment. been wanting to make soda with them.

I bottle my beer and dream of the day I can get a kegging setup. If I had a keg, I would use it.

just took another gravity check, still 1004, so I'm putting my man hat on and in the keg it goes, dinner first tho:)

Did the bottle thing in the dark ages, If I would had to do the dottles again I would never have gotten back into brewing. Three tap kezzer, Just finished my 14th brew in five months. My better half loves the beer adn all is well. I now have 9 kegs and plan is to never run out. I just love this hobby.

that's the plan here! got all the parts for the keezer ( will try to do most of it this week-end) already have 8 corny, 1 batch ready tonight, 3 going and 3 empty fermenter that I plan to fill this week-end too, the first couple month are the hardest!!!

Back