bottle/growler filler not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcclai7

Reaction score
I have attached a picture of what i was told would be a good way to fill growlers/bottles. It is a piece of 7/16" vinyl tubing that fits snugly inside my Perlick 525PC taps. I attempted to fill a 12 oz bottle with it. Into a glass without the tube, this particular tap pours wonderfully with the perfect amount of head. Into a bottle through the tube it pours terribly with tons of head. What am I doing wrong?

bottle filler.png

I slide a silicone tube over my 630ss faucets and fill growlers. I get a bit of foam but not bad. What is your line length, serving temp and serving pressure?

Are you trying to bottle/cap from your faucet? I've got one of those "growler filler" attachments, and it works great for growlers. When I bottle from a keg, though, I only use a beer gun.

Otherwise, make sure your bottles are nice and cold. Not frozen, but cold.

chill the bottles and turn the co2 down to 4psi, just enough to get the beer to flow. I don't have trouble if I make sure those two things are done (lower psi primarily).
good luck.

Are you trying to bottle/cap from your faucet? I've got one of those "growler filler" attachments, and it works great for growlers. When I bottle from a keg, though, I only use a beer gun.

Otherwise, make sure your bottles are nice and cold. Not frozen, but cold.

I've never had much luck either filling small bottles with growler filler attachments, I use a gun too.

Back