Bottle Explosion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadownes

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I bottled an Amber Ale. Every thing smelled great, I racked it to my bottling bucket. Only problem, after I had done that I realized I forgot to put the primer in!!! Duh!!! So I quickly put it in the bottling bucket and swished it around, a little. I hoped it got distributed evenly...

I tried one beer a week later (a little over a week ago). Great carbonation, a beautiful head on it. But I decided I should wait another couple of weeks before I really start drinking them. Then last night, BOOM!!!! Oh no! What do I do? Drink them all before another becomes IEB (Improvised Explosive Beer)? :rockin:

aquadownes said:
What do I do?
Put them all in the fridge immediately. Or, gently pry each cap up just a little to release the pressure, then let them condition for a few more days and then put them in the fridge.

El Pistolero said:
Put them all in the fridge immediately. Or, gently pry each cap up just a little to release the pressure, then let them condition for a few more days and then put them in the fridge.

Wearing safety gogles, while doing this, would be a good idea ;)

Kai

Kaiser said:
Wearing safety gogles, while doing this, would be a good idea ;)

Kai

Leather gloves and a raincoat too.

I'd guess that Aquadownes DID put primer in, then put primer in again. Or he didn't let it ferment out fully- there were still fermentables to feed the yeast and make more pressure.

Imperial Walker said:
:off:

another raleigh brewer!

I think we might be close to outnumbering the texans now!

-walker

I think The Cheeseheads have the largest numbers here, but then again we get to count all the former Cheeseheads as well since ya never really leave . . . The Beer, Brats, Cheese, and Pack is always waiting for ya

I released the gas. (Fischer's bottles), fridged them all and drank them all that weekend. It was a nice excuse to drink all weekend!

Pumbaa said:
I think The Cheeseheads have the largest numbers here, but then again we get to count all the former Cheeseheads as well since ya never really leave . . . The Beer, Brats, Cheese, and Pack is always waiting for ya

And I have full intentions on going back. :mug:
That has to count for something. :)

Pumbaa said:

Don't forget the Brewers too!:ban: :ban:

Latest posts

Back