bottle conditioning..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcolson

Reaction score
I was wondering how much corn sugar i should use in a 5 gallon batch??? its an extract recipe... and also which method is better disloving it in water and boiling it or just putting some in each bottle?

use 3/4 cup, and ALWAYS dissolve it in 1/4 cup of boiling water, pour it into the bottling bucket and rack your beer onto the sugar / water mix. That way you get a good mixture, and without stirring, you'll reduce risk of aeration.

awesome thats what i have been doing except with pre mesured priming sugar... is there a difference in priming sugar and corn sugar?

Priming sugar in kits is usually corn sugar (dextrose). It dissolves quickly in water and does not require boiling other than to sanitize it before you add it to your bottling bucket.

Dextrose is a simple sugar, like glucose and is yummy yeast chow to make your beer bubbly.

Back