bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The general answer around here is 3 weeks at 70 degrees F. A lot of factors come into play though. Have you tried one yet? If so, how long has it been and is there any carbonation at all?

My experience is as little as 5 days to 3 weeks... though I usually add yeast at bottling. These days I only bottle Belgians and bottle the others from the keg...

It may be worth it to try one at one week in the bottle, but make sure to put it in the fridge for 24-48 hours after that if you can. CO2 goes into suspension better in a cold medium. Is it your first brew? Do you know what the OG was?

I have had some that were great after 5 days. My most recent batch had a nice hiss and a great head at 5 days but was actually fairly flat when drinking. It's been 2 weeks and that batch has been spot on for several days.

3 weeks will be ideal for carbonating and conditioning, but if you don't have a pipeline running you will be anxious to drink those beers... That's fine, they will be carbonated long before that, but they will only get better as you go and the last bottle will be the best one. I'm working on getting my pipeline full by brewing 2-3 times a month so I can let each batch age a bit longer before getting into it.

no i dont know what the og was cause i broke my hydrometer the day of the brew i checked it before i bottled it and it was about 1.005 1.010 and yes it is my first brew

3 weeks will be ideal for carbonating and conditioning, but if you don't have a pipeline running you will be anxious to drink those beers... That's fine, they will be carbonated long before that, but they will only get better as you go and the last bottle will be the best one.

Truth ^ - resist temptation - you'll be glad later......

Back