Bottle conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey0214

Reaction score
I have a double ipa that has been bottle conditioning for three weeks now, at around 70 degrees, is it ok to put it in the fridge for the last week so I can drink it this weekend or do I need to wait the full four weeks before I put it in the fridge?

Try one to see if they have carbonated good. If so, you can put them in the fridge...

Sounds good I've been really wanting to try one jow I have a reason to

Great discipline! I often try mine after a week:D Guess a double is differnt. I almost always just put it in the freezer for 30-45 min.But two days would be better as would a week or two in the fridge.So you could decide if you see a difference if you stuck a couple in the fridge and tried one at week 1 and one at week two. That is after you try one first and decide if they are fully carbed and taste good.

I have started filling a sanitized water bottle halfway and then crushing all the air out of it. I leave it on my counter and wait for the bottle to re expand then I have an idea of when the bottles are carbed up. This keeps me from wasting bottles checking for carbonation. I use the really small 8 oz water bottles as to not waste much beer.

+1 thats probably the only visual way possible of knowing besides chilling one down and testing it. Even though Ive often checked some after 5 days, Ive only had to dump one flat one. And my lastly bottled per batch ones are usually partial testers if I have extra and not enough for a 12 oz so I bottle it in one of those little 7 oz imperial Rogue bottles.

Latest posts

Back