Bottle Conditioning @ less than 70 degs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramitt

Reaction score
My basement is in the low to mid 60's for the winter, how much longer can I expect to take to bottle condition.

I was figuring to add a week at least. My first batch @ 2wks was fairly flat ( had to be tried once ;) )I was hoping to find an online calculator to give me a rough idea, but no luck googling one up.

My basement brewery here in MN tends to be about the same in winter, generally if it's over 60 it's good for ales, even better use it as a time to do some lagers for spring drinking if there's a particularly cold corner. ;)

My basement is in the low to mid 60's for the winter, how much longer can I expect to take to bottle condition.

My first batch just finished to a good level. Our house sits around 64-68 degrees depending on the room, pretty sure the bottle area was around 66. Total time was about 4 weeks. I tested a bottle every week, week 2 and 3 didn't seem any different, but week 4 really picked up and now has good carbonation.

Hope that helps...

Kosch

My first batch just finished to a good level. Our house sits around 64-68 degrees depending on the room, pretty sure the bottle area was around 66. Total time was about 4 weeks. I tested a bottle every week, week 2 and 3 didn't seem any different, but week 4 really picked up and now has good carbonation.

Hope that helps...

Kosch

That's my situation.. 64-66.. won't likely hit 68 unless I build a fire in the fireplace. My conditioning bottles are sitting in boxes in the bottom of the spare bathtub... Can't wait to try my first brew.

Hope that helps...

Kosch

That helps a lot thx.

Back