bottle condition or ferment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddyj

Reaction score
I just bottled my first brew. I dont have any place that is 70 to condition. So I set my fermentation chamber to 70 to condition in there. Now I can't start a new batch, a winter ale that takes 6 months. My house stays around 75 ish. My question is, do I leave my bottles in for 3-4 weeks and be late brewing. Or condition in the house around 75 and brew the winter ale. Thanks for your opinions to come.

75 is ok. Hell,I've carbed & conditioned bottled beers in the MB at 85-90F. Spikes of course,not constant. But a higher than 70F temp is fine at the bottle stage. Higher temps at this point just make them carb up faster/better.
Lower temps,however,can make the yeasties go dormant or slow way down.
So go ahead & put'em in boxes in the 75F room & get that other ale brewin! :mug:

There is nothing wrong with conditioning in the bottle over 70 degrees so take them out and get brewing!

Bottle condition at 75. Keep out of direct sunlight and let them sit for a while. Sure they're ready in 2-3 weeks but they're usually "ready" taste wise in about month or two. They're typically better after a month. Get brewing that winter ale!

In the summertime, my house thermostat stays on 75*F. I have cases of bottled brew sitting in the closet conditioning. No worries.

Back