Bottle Collection Organization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on how you organize their bottles? I have a label maker and that seems to work fairly well. I know many folks have a much larger collection than I do, making it necessary for structure. Spreadsheets, Access databases, Google Docs, What have you had the best success with?

Different bottle styles and colors. Green, brown, tall, short, Grolsch.... and different colored bottle caps.... silver, black, green, red, yellow, orange, etc....

I use that information along with a running spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

I also use C&W plastic cases to store my bottle in. Very nice case...

www.cwcrate.com

Last time I checked, the site was down for maintenance. Hope they're not out of business. I was really thinking about buying a few more cases.

I thought CW Crate was shutting down. I could be wrong.

I write on the caps for now. I won't label bottles I keep for myself but eventually may put labels on bottles I give away. I do need to reorganize my pantry because I need a better storage system for sure.

I write on the caps for now. I won't label bottles I keep for myself but eventually may put labels on bottles I give away. I do need to reorganize my pantry because I need a better storage system for sure.

Too bad. Great crate.

An adhesive dot on the bottle cap works for me. Just enough room to write the style and bottling date.

414vaYLpQIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You are not wrong. I was their UPS man a lot of the time. The owner decided to pursue other ventures so he shut it down. Last time I talked to him, he told me he did have a few interested people in the business so who knows... maybe we'll see the product pop up under a different name. I agree though, excellent cases for organizing, transporting, or just containing potential bottle bombs.

Back