Quantcast

Bottle cases

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Mr. Awesome

Reaction score
I've gotten almost all of my bottles from friends and family who just gave me their empties, and don't really have any way of storing them right now. I know I can buy 6-pack carriers, but I'm also looking for boxes that can hold 12 for easier storage (stacking, ect...) but can't seem to find where to buy them. Any suggestions?

Arneba28

Reaction score
I know that most of the liquer stores in my area put all the boxes out front every morning. check with even a beer store that sells single. they might just give you some. I have close to 300 bottles sitting in my basement that I use and yeah its a pain to keep them organized, and stored efficiently

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I usually just ask the guys at my beer store for bottle boxes, the kind that hold 4- 6 packs. I use the six pack holders themselves when I bottle.

Unfortunately they're usually bud boxes...which isn't bad, because they're really strong boxes... But I usually conduct an anti-bmc exorcism over them, and make sure to "annoint" them with a few splashes of homebrew before I put mine in them :D

raceskier

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
In my work (aerospace bidness) we kill lots of trees. There is never a shortage of the boxes that contain something like a dozen reams of paper. I've found that these boxes are just about a perfect fit for 4 - 6 packs. When I bottle, I put the sixers in these and have enough room to lay a couple 22 oz bottles sideways on top of the sixers. Stacked 2 high they make a nice compact package sitting in the garage.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
raceskier said:
In my work (aerospace bidness) we kill lots of trees. There is never a shortage of the boxes that contain something like a dozen reams of paper. I've found that these boxes are just about a perfect fit for 4 - 6 packs. When I bottle, I put the sixers in these and have enough room to lay a couple 22 oz bottles sideways on top of the sixers. Stacked 2 high they make a nice compact package sitting in the garage.

So you're talking like xerox paper boxes? Oh man I never thought of that we have tons of those at work as well...cool tip

loopmd

Reaction score
Revvy said:
So you're talking like xerox paper boxes? Oh man I never thought of that we have tons of those at work as well...cool tip

LOL

And no exorcism needed. :rockin:

Loop

HairyDogBrewing

Reaction score
It would be great to find plastic totes with dividers.
Then you could soak, drain, and store in the same box.
Has anyone seen such?

Bills Brew

Reaction score
Talk to your local bars to see if they will save the cases for Bud bottles. I like the Bud cases because they are pretty strong and they have the dividers to protect the bottles.