Bottle capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Changeduser123

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I do not bottle that much anymore, but yesterday I bottled 2 dozens of bottles from two kegs that were about to be empty (not a good thing before the BBQ coming up this weekend) in order to make room in the keezer for full ones. This is when I realized that my bottle wing capper is a real pain: I have no problem capping the bottle, but it is really hard to open the capper and remove it from the bottle. So my question is:

Are all wing cappers a pain to remove from the bottle after capping, or is it just my no brand capper that is a pain, and replacing it with the red baron or black beauty would solve my issue ?

Thank you for your help!

I've never had that problem in thousands of bottles of beer I've capped. I've never had one stick.

Are you using the wrong sized bell? Some you can flip to accomodate different sized caps.

I've never had that problem in thousands of bottles of beer I've capped. I've never had one stick.

Are you using the wrong sized bell, some you can flip to accomodate different sized caps.

Revvy,

It is a very simple one, and the bell cannot be removed of flipped. It is the capper I got with my first kit, and I never used another one, so I never questioned this before. You can see it on this picture:

IMG_1301.JPG

I've never seen one like that. I just looked it up online. But I'm not familiar with it. I don't know. Hopefully someone's got some insight.

You already answered my question: my capper is not a good performer :)
Next time I need to round up the order from AHS to get free shipping, I will just throw a red baron in there.

Thank you!

I had the same problem with that same capper style. I sprayed some lubricant on the L shaped slides that the riveted pins glide in. It has worked great since.

Back