Bottle Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockeyhunter99

Reaction score
On average, how long after bottling is it safe to say that bottle bombs are not going to happen? few days, one week, month, always and forever possible?

Never had one (KOW) but with a sweet wheat bottled over the weekend, i am slightly worried.

Well usually, unless an infection develops it could take as long as a beer normally taKes to carb before it blows....which is around three weeks, if the beer is at the recomennded 70 degree carb temp....

lol ive never had a bottle bomb BUT for some reason even though i know that my beer is fully done fermenting, i still have the fear of bottle bombs in the back of my head EVERY TIME lol.

I had a single bottle infection that happened about 10 days after bottled. boom! made a good mess too

Single bottle bombs are hard to predict, but do you know about the trick of putting some of your brew in a plastic 1 liter bottle? Use a clean, 1 liter soda bottle that has been sanitized and bottle that as well when you are bottle the rest of your capped bottles. That way you wan tell how 'hard' the bottle is getting, and how likely you are to get bombs.

Back