Bottle bombs safe harbor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbriscoe

Reaction score
How soon after bottling is a bottle bomb likely to happen if it is going to happen? After how long am I safe from expecting one to happen?

I made Rochefort 10 clone and fermented for 6 weeks, however, my FG was 1.026 instead of the expected 1.020. However, the gravity seems to have stalled, only dropping from 1.027 to 1.0265 to 1.026 over the last 10 or 11 days. The directions said 6 weeks so I'm figuring the .0005 could just be a rounding error and there was really no difference between the last two readings.

Just make sure that the gravity readings are staying in place and that it's not still fermenting. If they have been steady for 10-11 days that would be good enough for me. Just make sure also that it's had the proper time in primary. How long has it been in primary? A copy of the recipe could help us get you an approximate OG.

THe OG was a little over 1.10 It was in the primary + secondary for 6 weeks.

1.10 down to 1.026 is 74% attenuation. it could very well be done, especially if a large portion of the og was from extract.

Back