Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Principles of Brewing Science, George Fix
A Textbook of Brewing, Jean deClerck

Bill Siebel of the Siebel institute says deClerck, despite being written in the 50s (?), is still the best text on brewing science. If you can find it, it is an amazing read...

I'm reading Brewing Better Beer right now by Gordon Strong. I wasn't expecting much, but have been blown away so far. Even though it is technically for advanced brewers, it is written using very easy to follow language. I'd recommend it to anyone who ready to take their brewing seriously.

I just picked up "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" by Papazian a few days ago and its a pretty good read.

wailingguitar said:
Principles of Brewing Science, George Fix
A Textbook of Brewing, Jean deClerck

Bill Siebel of the Siebel institute says deClerck, despite being written in the 50s (?), is still the best text on brewing science. If you can find it, it is an amazing read...

Someone tell me where I can get a reasonably priced edition. Best price for it on amazon > $300.

Found in the rare books collection at the Seattle Public Library. You have to ask them to get it from archive storage for you, but are happy to let you check it out. Surprised they don't require a credit check before it leaves the building.

image-4211800192.jpg

Back