Books?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewPete

Reaction score
What books related to brewing would you guys suggest to read?

The only book I've read so far is "How to Brew" by John Palmer and was hoping to start reading another one soon. I am not necessarily looking for another beginning brewer book but would definitely love to read something on designing beers, maybe a book dedicated to hops or yeast, or maybe just simply a more advanced homebrewing book. Heck, any websites that you guys think are useful I'd be interested in as well.

Thanks.

Brewing Classic styles has excellent recipes for each style.
Designing great beers is good when you are ready to really start tweaking your own recipes.
Radical brewing has good ideas and some helpful techbiques for particular styles.
I havent read brewing better beer but Ive heard good things about it.

I'm pretty new to brewing and have read a bunch of books.

My favorites are:

Radical Brewing - Gives a lot of creative ideas
Brewing Classic Styles - Gives good base recipes for each style

I've checked out all the books listed and they are all really great. But as beginninger moving to intermediate realm Brewing Classic Styles was a great complement to How to Brew (my other favorite book). Gives a good base on any style you can think of.

Also I would recommend thebrewingnetwork.com, great listening. Check out Brew Strong and the Jamil Show.

The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing is an entertaining and informative read.
+1 on Designing Great Beers.

+1 to Brewing Classic Styles. Extract based recipes for us beginners, with a great explanation of the style for each.

yeastcover.jpg

Brewing Better Beer by Gordon Strong is one I really like.

I received this last week and have read about 1/2 of it and I think it's great as well. It's supposed to be for advanced brewers but I'm definitely not one and have gotten a ton of great info from it.

There isn't a lot of overlap with it and the other books which is great. The best parts for me are about getting to know your system and the ingredient talks. This is one that will probably grow with you too.

Back