Book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ster

Reaction score
I loved "The Joy of Homebrewing". A lot of you recommended another book that focused on creating your own recipes. What was that book? Thanks.

Most likely you heard "Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels. I've not read it, but I've heard good things.

I REALLY recommend reading "How to Brew" by Palmer. He has chapters on how to create your own recipes, as well as great reference information I regularly look up when I'm getting ready to brew.

+1for John Palmer's book. Gives excellent instruction, it is also one of my go-to books.

I feel that Designing Great Beers is a good book when you have a solid understanding of brewing. It will talk about OG, SG, grains used but you need the understanding of the flavors that the grains, hops and yeast are giving you to get your OG, and down to your SG while keeping the taste in the style being presented.

I have had fun with Randy Mosher's book called Radical Brewing. Recipes for extract and all grain but also talks about the style and what makes the style what it is. I learned a bunch from that one, it is still a go to book for me!

Back