Boo-Berry Cereal Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robb5000

Reaction score
I was thinking about adding a box of Boo-Berry Cereal as some flavoring to my next batch of mead. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it end badly or are there pitfalls to watch out for? I was thinking I'd put the cereal in a permeable bag and let it float around during fermentation.

Let us know how it turns out.

I suspect the cereal has a lot of sugar. I would think the sugars would disolved into the must and be consumed by the yeast. Be sure to take that into account.

For myself, I would add the cereals in a bag so that they can be retrieved with the least amount of mess. Also make sure that the carboy opening will allow you retrieve the bag once they are soaked and expanded.

Check the ingredient list for anything that you think might be a fermentation issue; not sure what to look for but it might be good to give it a quick look.

Maybe extract the flavors ( & sugars) in a brew bag in plain water first, then use that water as you must to add your honey to? Not sure what colors you'll get from it...maybe a purplish?🤔

Sounds weird.

I would add if secondary, after you stabilize. That way the sugars won’t be eatin by the yeast and leave you will bad boo berry flavor. Also won’t have to worry about preservatives ruining your fermentation.

Back