Bombers don’t prime as hard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jloewe

Reaction score
I’ve been bottling in 22oz both bombers and standard 12 oz bottles. For some reason my 12oz bottles are carbed like crazy but the bombers alway feel a little flat.

What's your priming process? Gotta give us some information to go on if you want to get useful help.

Brew on :mug:

Boil sugar water and dump it in the bottling bucket. I try and put it in first so that the natural gravity of the racking process into the bottling bucket helps to mix it. Unfortunately this time I forgot and entered it Las then stirred. This same thing happened when I did it the other way though.

Do you fill both size bottles for the same batch? Do you always fill one size first and then the other? Are your fill levels the same for both size bottles?

If the priming solution is uniformly distributed within the beer, and the bottles are filled the same way, they should have the same level of carbonation. One thing that could cause a difference is if one bottle size doesn't seal as well as the other.

Brew on :mug:

Mmm I usually do large first. I bought all these bombers second hand so who knows how good the deal is. My small ones are too but I got them from my father whom I know is anal about everything. Maybe I’ll not getting a good mixture.

Latest posts

Back