Boil Kettle False Bottom,Bazooka,or What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfernoBrews

Reaction score
So i was thinking and was just trying to see what anyone has used in thier keggle used for boiling.. False bottom? Bazooka? T Screen by Zymico (Which i understand is Out of Biss)?

Post pics or whatever..

I had good success with a stainless scrubbie (Chore boy?) under my dip tube. I've done 3 batches with no filter of any kind, just using pellet hops, whirlpooling until I reach pitching temps, then letting it sit for 20 minutes or so. Draining from about 2 inches in from the keg wall. Leaves about 1/2 gallon behind with the trub cone. Last batch had 5 oz. of pellets, not that it is a lot.

I do the exact same thing as diatonic does -the scrubbie works just fine (before I used 'em, I ended up getting some of my home-grown hop cones stuck in my Therminator -man was THAT a lesson learned the hard way! ). I put the scrubbie in place under the dip-tube on brewday, and it doesn't come out until I clean the keggle (and usually I just spray water through the scrubbie unless its gunked up -they're cheap and easily worth the effort). Whirlfloc rocks! My next keggle will incorporate a whirlpool rig using one of the march pumps. Until then, the spoon does the job!

Back