boil kettle as bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyman1000

Reaction score
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use my boil kettle as a bottling bucket? I am very limited on space due to the fact that all our ( SWMBO and me) possessions get packed into a Hyundai Sante Fe every 6 months to move to a new job. I have two small buckets and a 4 gallon pot. I was waiting to brew until I bottled the last batch but know I have both buckets filled with beer/wort. Instead of getting another bucket I was just going to use my pot as my bottle bucket.

If you take the spigot off a bottling bucket it will stack with the other buckets and take up very little extra space. I like bottling from a spigot instead of having to start a siphon and hope it works until I'm done bottling. JMHO;)

Thanks for the replies. Now I can brew more often and not have to get another bucket. I'm happy and the SWMBO is happy.:mug:.

Back