Bobby_M in Cincinnati, OH 11/10/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm staying at the Millenium Hotel and I'll have a free night on Tuesday for some beers. I know Rock Bottom is walking distance but there's got to be something better in the area. I'll be doing the carry on thing so I can't bring any homebrews with me unfortunately. Let me know if you're in the area.

When I stayed at the Millenium last summer, I went to Rock Bottom first, then walked across the river (the purple people bridge) where there is the Hofbrauhaus and the Beer Sellar. The Hofbrauhaus has authentic German food, and beer, and it's really good. The Beer Sellar has like 100 taps. (There is a website). I walked it, but it was a long walk on a beautiful summer evening. I cabbed it back, for under $10, though! It was worth it!

I know there are some HBTers in the area, too, so it sounds like a good time.

That sucks. I have a regular thing on Tuesdays that I can't skip out on. Maybe I'll catch you next time.

Definitely walk over to Kentucky.

I've eaten lunch at that Rock bottom like a zillion times (never had a beer there), it is right next to a client's building. I always stay in the Marriot on the other side of the river and do my evenings there. There is a divey place called the down under that is pretty cool, in addition to the suggestions above.

I've been to Nashville a few times a few years ago but the travel budgets have just been slashed recently. The future trips I know of are New Orleans in January and Orlando in April.

Bah, if I had caught this thread earlier I would have met up. I work about 4 minutes away.

Edit: I am still at work and could be convinced to skip the gym (or go after the gym) for a beer or two... MMMM Hofbrauhaus Dunkel!

Back