BM's Centennial Brew day....Ghetto AG day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well....I've been here for awhile and I've sucked up all kinds of advise from this site...(by asking....but usually just lurking) and I've never posted any pics. So.... today I brewed BM's Centennial Blonde. This is the second time I've done this receipe AG (at the SWMBO's request).

My setup is GHETTO.... Most of the stuff is DIY (from this site and others...)

1st pic is my Mash Tun (thanks to HBT)

2nd is my steel braid inside my Mash Tun (Thanks HBT)

3rd is a shot of my homemade brewpot (stainless/12 gallon....ghetto as hell) and my homemade brew stand...(old30 gallon aquarium stand with some mods so my burner fits....also Ghetto as hell)

4th is my homemade immersion chiller

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5th is my hop/holder/strainer (thanks HBT)

6th is my chilling process.

7th is a close up of my chiller set up. Bucket, ice, old aquarium pump, and old washing machine hoses

8th Draining the hop 'sock' with the holder while chilling.

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

9th is my aeration whip...first time used..worked pretty good I think/hope

10th is the carboy with blow tube inserted waiting to start fermenting in the basement.... In the back ground is: Left, Ed Wort's Ocktoberfest, Right, is RIClark's Guinness clone

11th Hydro reading....1.044 right on Beersmith's guestimate....

12 Obligitory pic of website and a sample of the last batch of BM's Cent.....

Not a bad day.... started about 8:30am and was cleaned up by 12.....sweet....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

We sell those aeration whips at the shop. Good luck with getting it to last any amount of time. When (not if) it breaks, do yourself a favour and get a stainless steel one. BTW, I used my SS one for aerating last time. Man does it do a good job.

yeah i think you have a pretty decent set up there. don't look down on it, its what most of us have, we dont all have keggles and basement breweries, you even keg! Youre ahead of the game.

yeah i think you have a pretty decent set up there. don't look down on it, its what most of us have, we dont all have keggles and basement breweries, you even keg! Youre ahead of the game.

Oh...I don't look down on it... I relish that my 'junk' makes what I consider....excellent beer!!! Thanks for the compliments...and as far as kegging....I've had a keggerator for years so the switch to homebrew kegging was an easy transition...I was already halfway there...

I think that absolutely fabulous, the only thing that sucks is that you dont know how to isnert images vs inserting links like this:D
10593d1239303050-bms-centennial-brew-day-ghetto-ag-day-12.jpg

Your so right!!! If I do one pic....it appears like yours...when I did multiple pics....I got that!!! Guess I need to combine the pics first or something..!!!

Back