BMC alcohol abuse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
BMC has one question that identifies if you abuse alcohol. The question is not "do you add rice to your mash" surprisingly..

Single Question Can Identify Unhealthy Alcohol Use In Patients
The NIAAA recommends a single-question screen for unhealthy alcohol use. The recommended question asks, "How many times in the past year have you had X or more drinks in a day?" (where X is 5 for men and 4 for women). While similar single-question screens have been validated in various settings, the NIAAA recommended screening test had not been validated in the primary-care setting. BMC researchers attempted to validate this version of the screening question in a sample of primary-care patients.

Ok so... not the BMC we usually talk about, but I found it amusing that the acronym overlapped.

As a bartender, when I pour BMC into heavily frozen glasses for those who demand the coldest possible beer, I do not cry over the massive about of beer wasted in the process. I give the customer what they want, within reason. I spill large amounts of BMC in any given night.

according to AA, if u've ever had one drink of alcohol, you're considered an alcoholic... at least thats what they told me. i had to go to some meetings after failing a drug test for pot at work. i didn't really drink much at all until after going to AA for a few weeks. some of those people really had it bad. i was the only person the counselor ever had that voluntarily went and wasn't court ordered. it was an absolute complete waste of time. i really don't see how those meetings could help anybody.

So 4 beers every single day and I am just as much of an alcoholic as someone who's never had a beer? Sweet! :)

Hahahaha, can we go by averages as well? 4*7=28.... so if I drink 2 2 nights, 3 one night, 1 one night and 20 another, I'm not an alcoholic?

Also, I may be :drunk: but after reading it twice it didnt seem to have an final answer....

"How many times in the past year have you had X or more drinks in a day?" (where X is 5 for men and 4 for women).

How many times am I allowed to have that many w/o being considered an alcoholic??

I'm neither a drunk nor an alcoholic. When I drink a 12 pack on a wednesday night, it's research! I'm a goddamn beer scientist or something. :drunk:

Edited: This is after 3 pints of apfelwein on a monday. I'm researching apples, or some ****.

ohhh, I got it now

one-glass-per-day.jpg

Back