Blue Moon Proximity Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
I just converted my step dad to good craft beer. He told me his favorite beers were Corona and Blue moon. So I went to the website for blue moon and I found something that caught my eye.
Proximity ale.

Ingredients and Profile
Malts: 100% white wheat
Hops: New Zealand Nelson Sauvin
Our Twist: Juice of Sauvignon Blanc grapes
IBUs: 2 - 4
ABV: 8.5%
Glassware
Feature in a tulip-shaped glass to capture the aromas and lift them toward your nose. Serve chilled.
Appearance
A soft golden color with delicate white foam and excellent clarity.
Aroma
Bright floral nose with hints of citrus, passion fruit, and slight herbal notes.
Taste
A crisp citrus to floral taste from the juice of the grapes.
Mouthfeel
Medium-bodied ale with very noticeable effervescence.
Finish
Nice crisp finish with fading floral and herbal notes.

This really caught my eye. I'm on a Nelson Sauvin kick lately. I really want to try this beer, but it looks like they dont make it any more.

I'm really intrigued by the ingredients. 100% white wheat and Nelson Sauvin hops.

I wonder if anyone has tried this beer and can give me some tasting notes. I think I am going to try and make something like this, and if anyone has pointers I'd be open to hearing them

Thanks HBT!

I've had it before and believe I can probably still get it around here. I'm not good with the whole beer review thing but it was ok. Nothing special had more of the wine taste than anything. I bought it simply because I like Blue Moon but it's no where near the same as Blue Moon. Would I drink it again...yeah, would I buy it again. Probably not. If you're interested in doing a trade though PM me and the next time I'm in town I will see if I can still get it.

Back