Blu-Ray Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why of course there is....

How do you think they duplicate all those disc on the store shelves?:drunk:

Seriously, tho' I too am disconnected from the industry (and I was a retailer) but I doubt we will see a Consumer Based product available anytime soom. IMHO, it will have to take hold in the Commercial Data Market (network servers etc.[already has]), and then the consumer data market (in new pc's as standard equip) before we will realize a home video product.

Too much copyright infringement mass internet distribution red tape.:fro:

Iv'e seen the blu-ray burners at Fry's Electronics for $400 right on the shelf. They're available, just not very cheap.

The $400 for the burner is nothing. We've gotten spoiled by sub $50 DVD burners. Back when I bought my first DVD burner I paid ~$315 for it and it was a steal. The $400 burner isn't the issue for me it's the $12-15 discs (whether you go BluRay or HDDVD)

Yeah, they're out there, but prices are always high when they're new. I paid over $300 for my first CD burner (yes, CD, not DVD) and was ecstatic about it. Give it another year, it'll come down quite a bit more.

GilaMinumBeer, the disks on the shelves are pressed, not burned, 2 very different processes.

I just priced a new laptop from both Dell and Apple. And while their overall prices for what I "want" are steep. The price offering for a BD/DVD/CD read write were surprisingly cheap. ~$200-250.

Back